|Second Tacoma Narrows Suspension Bridge|
Home | Bridges | Inventory | Snapshots
Photos by David and Allison Denenberg. Please do not reuse without permission. Completed in 1950, this bridge replaced "Galloping Gertie", the first Tacoma Narrows bridge, famously destroyed by wind a few months after it opened in 1940. This bridge is the fifth longest in North America. A new Tacoma Narrows bridge is under construction to ease traffic on the current bridge. Some of the construction site is visible in the foreground of the first picture.